The Father, according to Chinese culture and Feng Shui, represents Heaven, the Creative force, and strong yang energy that complements the Mother or receptive yin energy. The Father energy is important to everyone, and most importantly the male head of household (whether or not he's a father). (Each of the Bagua areas represent a family member, including Mother, Father, 3 sons and 3 daughters.)
The "Father" area is found in the front right area or NW area of your home and property. (See this blog to find where it is in your home). This area is called "Helpful People & Travel." Helpful People refers to anyone in your life that helps you in some way, including friends, extended family, colleagues, clients, your child's teachers, etc. Long distance travel represents your being able to reach out, beyond the domestic space, to connect with others and forge your way in the world.
This area is also known as "Networking." As any business person knows, you cannot prosper in your business without strong connections with colleagues, clients, prospects and partners.
- Clear out any clutter that is in this area of your bedroom, home, and even your property
- Be sure that chi flows well in this space of bedroom, home and property. Any blocks or stagnation will hinder your ability to access this energy.
- Add metal elements – sculpture, furnishings, picture frames – or metallic-colored and/or round objects which all support the Metal energy of the Father
- Bring some images of male figures – artwork/statues of Buddha, Jesus, or other male figures
- Even some favorite travel photos are great in this space